Sunday, January 17, 2010

Games that copy other games.

alright, so i know that there almost zero original ideas left in the world for games and that just about every new game is going to have some element derived from multiple other titles. this is about games that are just blatant rip offs.

check out this new game, "Quantum Theory," from Tecmo coming out sometime this year




now, let's take a look at a rather successful (and one of my personal favorites) third person shooter. "Gears of War."




just look at the two, do a side by side comparison and think. taking cover is the same, the guns almost are exactly identical, the enemies in the first game look almost like the locust from gears. the list goes on.


i hate that people say something like dante's inferno or bayonetta is a god of war clone. fuck god of war, ninja gaiden came first and really defined the hack and slash style. as far as i see it, god of war is a clone of ninja gaiden. i honestly can't think of any hack and slash games on ps1 or n64, so if i am missing something please let me know.


anyway, some developers are starting to annoy with their lack of originality. it's lazy if you ask me. you guys are losing money by making games SO similar to already successful titles. nobody is going to buy it, fuck I don't want to own Quantum Theory, I have Gears of War 2; it's already a million times better looking than this game, and the multiplayer is outstanding.


coming soon:

my opinion of darksiders
my opinion of bayonetta
my opinion of army of two the 40th day
my completed opinion of divinity II: ego draconis

me playing dark void
and on 1/26 i will get mass effect 2, and probably be in my room for a week or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment