Friday, January 29, 2010

Army Of Two 40th Day



Time for me to talk about Army of Two 40th Day. The sequel to 2008's Army of Two. I honestly can't give a full review, for I only played through the single player. I was so over the single player, I didn't bother with the multiplayer.

This is the most pointless game I have played in a long time. I played on the hardest difficulty (Contractor or something), and yet again this was an overly simple game. Every level was the same. Go through a generic environment, kill enemies, reach a point that is the end of the level. I think it literally took me 4 and a half hours to play this game from beginning to end.

There is absolutely nothing redeeming about this game. The characters are generic muscle headed bros. The story was pretty dumb. The execution was poorly done. Just nothing about this game was good.

You can fully customize your weapons, which is pretty neat in theory. But it's so so so poorly done. You can repaint your guns, but the textures are stretched and skewed it just makes your guns look terrible. I think the only one I liked was "Pimp." It made your gun gold and silver, pretty much two shiny solid colors. The camos, animal prints, and whatever were just horrible.


Yet again, you can kind of collect items. There are little porcelain kitties spread throughout Shanghai. Finding these pretty much were the only things that provided any sort of entertainment for me.

The AI was terrible, I could pretty much walk up to enemies and shoot them without dying. Plus my partner was fucking stupid. He would literally run out and die. He never took cover, and normally just ran into me; fucking up my aim and everything in the process. Damn, that was so frustrating.

This game was so frustrating. It was too simple, and way too short. I almost feel like I wasted the 10 dollars it was rent this from Blockbuster.

What else was wrong with this game... Oh yeah! The story was so predictable. I could pretty much guess what was going to happen before it ever did. There were no plot twists, nothing surprising. So boring.


I don't even want to talk about this game anymore, basically avoid this one unless you are getting to play it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment